Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Who Do You See?

A question tossed to me once:
'When you think of yourself, what does the picture look like in your mind?'
My response?
'Nothing'
To which he came back with
'Sister, that is so sad!'
And he almost began to cry.

The conversation made an appearance in my thoughts again lately. It is the same when I pass a mirror - who do I see? I see nothing. I have never had a picture of myself in my head, and I now understand that that is not how God intended life to be, and means that I have no clear definition of who I am.

Who should I see?

I don't know, but I know I should see something, anything.

How long will it take the picture to form? It has been 39 years already.

1 Comments:

Blogger Twyla said...

When I tried to form a comment it turned into a post on my blog. That post, and the poem, are for all of us (especially us women), but in my heart they are straight from my soul to yours.

I like the metaphor-less honesty of these last posts. Although I did enjoy the metaphor, as well.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home