Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Receiving

I donated blood today for the first time in 20 years. Painful, but something I felt lead to do, especially since I was in charge of the blood drive.

A friend told me that he has observed that I give of myself tremendously. That in itself seemed impossible, as I feel so very self-centered so much. He, however, gave specific examples, of which I could not dispute.

However, he didn't stop there (did I tell you he is my Brother in Christ?) He let me know that though I give, I must learn to receive.

Receive? How? It makes me so uncomfortable, as it always implies ties, and I know that it would mean making myself vulnerable to pain.

How? Jesus, please help me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Twyla said...

Mmm...I know just what you mean. It can be hard to receive. But there are ways to trick yourself. For instance, try giving to yourself! Just to get used to the feeling of receiving. Also, remind yourself that problems with receiving can be indicative of control issues. So a victory here could transpose itself onto other areas where control can exert its, well, control. (smile)

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home