Monday, February 28, 2005

Enjoying Everything in His Kingdom

My big sis, an ever constant source of inspiration to me, sparked a knowledge question in my head some time ago. The following spoke to me of her:

Having something to talk about is central to the mission of a purpose-driven Christian. And that's not just having the Lord to talk about. It's having other things to talk about too. I'm not sure how this has occurred, but Christians have gotten the reputation of being anything but well-rounded, well-read, and well-informed. This is sad, not only for our mission, but for our own enjoyment of the kingdom of God in the world. Whatever happens, this is still "My Father's World," as the hymn writer said it, and God is to be experienced in all things, not just in religion or those things labeled "Christian."The more things a person has to talk about, the more people that person has the opportunity to know. It's our inquisitiveness, our desire to constantly learn and grow, and our universal love for people and what makes them display the image of God that should make Christians the most interesting people in the world to talk to. Even if it's only about the weather.

1 Comments:

Blogger Twyla said...

What a great quote. Boy, I sure do agree with it. I'm not sure how it could make you think of me, though. Immediately I think "surely she doesn't mean ME, she obviously doesn't know the real me - how mixed up and messed up and just plain flawed I am."

I am humbled and honored by your love and approbation.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home