Monday, October 25, 2004

Time Marches On

5 years - I can't believe it. At 4:57 p.m. today, my baby will be 5 years old. Where have these 5 years gone? She is the apple of my eye, my saving grace, my little angel. It makes me so sad to see these 5 years go by - with all of the 'I wanted to be there more, and wanted her to be a baby longer' that I know is typical for a mother. I just pray that I can be worthy of her love, and raise her to be a strong Christian woman. I don't remember a life without her - this is coming from a woman who didn't want to be a Mom, didn't think I would be good at it, didn't think I had what it took. Obviously God thought different, didn't he? Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with this little miracle.

1 Comments:

Blogger Twyla said...

Having children brings all of life into focus, doesn't it? The pain pierces deeper, the joy flows freer. The sad, frustrating, confusing and unnatural taste of time is made both more bitter and more sweet by momhood. In my heart, I know we were ultimately created as eternal beings and that is why time boggles our minds. It is so rich and yet so heartbreaking to watch our kids grow up. Birthdays, special family rituals, moments spent leaning in the doorway watching the angelic expressions of a child sleeping, first steps, first words, first day of school, first date, graduation. It flys by. I love being a mom but I wish the beauty of it wasn't always overshadowed by the sorrow of time's passing.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home