Friday, September 10, 2004

My Journey Has Begun

Since returning from a truly wonderful vacation (my first for this year) with my family, I have felt lost in my career. Where am I going? Why has the love and drive I once had disappeared? Is God preparing my heart for something different, or am I merely making excuses as to why I am not producing how I should? Strangely, my ministry at work has never been stronger, and all other areas of my life are flourishing. I feel like a leaf being blown about by the wind - going somewhere, but I don't know where or why - it seems purposeless. Father God, guide me, and, if this is simply a way to duck my responsibilities, please speak to me. Help me, Father!

2 Comments:

Blogger Twyla said...

I have often had the same feelings you describe. I would wait and watch. I doubt very much you are just trying to skirt responsiblities - that doesn't seem at all like you. When I've felt like this, its usually my inner wisdom (Holy Spirit) either showing me an imbalance or gently preparing me for a change in direction. I've found that the leaf blowing in the wind aspect of it is primarily because change can make me feel off balance for a bit. Could you describe your trip a bit? Peace and much love!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, big Sis! You were right on target. Good idea about the trip - I just posted it.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home